COVID-19 Operating Update – Stage 2
We are transitioning with reduced restrictions now implemented by the Westbrook Vet Team to keep our clients and our staff safe.
- One person (or two from the same household) allowed in the reception area.
- Please ensure the reception area is empty before entering or knock on the door or call the clinic on 46306633 on your arrival if you require us to come out to you.
- Please phone ahead to arrange a consultation time or to arrange collection of food and medications.
- Please adhere to recommended social distancing measures (1.5m) and take note of the guides on our floor
- Consultations - now allowing one client in to consult room
- Due to our small consultation rooms we can only safely distance with 2 people in the room. During examination of your pet we are now allowing you to hold your animal if you wish for a short period less than 10 minutes.
As we are then not maintaining a 1.5m distance from you while examining your pet this can only be for basic examinations.
For more involved examinations, nail clips, anal glands, ear examination we will take your pet out the back for a nurse to hold for us.
You are welcome to wait in the consult room or reception until we return it back to you.
If you'd rather not come into the consult room, or run some other errands or wait outside please let us know.
- Patient admissions
- Please contact reception when you arrive, enter only if reception is empty, otherwise phone the clinic.
- You can either wait on the seats provided outside or in your vehicle
- We will come out and complete required paperwork and then take your pet inside.
- We will call during the course of the day to discuss treatment/medications and to arrange collection time and payment option.
- Patient discharge
- to minimize client interaction patient discharge time must be booked. Preferably payment is made prior to collection by phone but can also be made by EFTPOS at the clinic before we bring your pet out to you.
- Contact reception when you arrive and we will bring your pet and any medications, discharge instructions out to you. Alternatively, paperwork may be e-mailed on request.
- Please attempt to phone the clinic prior to your arrival so we are prepared.
- Then contact reception or phone the clinic on arrival to let us know you’re here.
- One or two members of our team will work with your pet while another collects relevant history from you outside or in reception. We will then discuss treatment options.
We truly appreciate everyone working with us during this challenging time, please be patient and expect delays as we implement these changes.