There are many benefits to teaching your puppy to be well behaved at an early age. Young puppies are quite able to learn obedience skills, toileting behaviour and social boundaries. All of these things help make your relationship with your dog more rewarding for the years to come.
With progressive and positive learning techniques you will:
- Develop an understanding of normal puppy behaviour
- Learn how to read your puppy's body language and respond appropriately.
- Develop effective techniques for positive behavioural development.
- Learn important tips about walking in public areas.
- Understand the need for socialising your puppy.
- Teach your puppy some important 'do not' lessons
- Understand important boundaries when playing together.
- Develop strong bonds between you and your puppy
The most important thing about Puppy Pre-school is 'start early'. Waiting too long can allow behaviour problems to establish which then require more intensive training to overcome.
Whilst we currently don't have the capability to offer our own puppy preschool there are some fantastic organisations available.
1. Think Canine www.thinkcanine.com.au
- Katrina Diem, your local Toowoomba Dog Trainer and Behaviour Consultant, offering Puppy Pre-school & Private Lessons
- Providing Profesional Dog & Puppy Training & Behaviour Rehabilitation for Toowoomba & Surrounds
- Contact 0409 890 906, or via email 'Katrina@thinkcanine.com.au, or visit the facebook page for more information.
2. Animal Behaviour Coaching www.animalbehaviourcoaching.com.au
- Online only, veterinary behaviourist course, based in South Australia.
- Designed and operated by Dr Emma Vermeeren, a qualified veterinarian with over 10 years of puppy training experience, the course comprises the perfect combination of:
- Self-paced video modules
- Live Q&A sessions hosted by Dr Emma
- Support from other members via a closed Facebook group
- The course is currently on sale with $50 off for all participants, and we'd like to offer our clients a FURTHER $29 discount - enter the "WESTVET" coupon code at checkout. That's a massive $79 saving!!
- Visit Puppy Beginner Course for more information, see the course in action, and to book.
- View the FREE WEBINAR for tips on how to socialise your puppy during the COVID-19 Pandemic, ensuring puppies are adequately socialised whilst adhering to social distancing recommendations.